Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 6 - The Pleasure and the Pain

It occurred to me last night that I have only been extolling the virtues of the e-cig. I don't want there to be any mistake, it has not all been a bed of roses. The e-cig is is the best system for quitting tobacco that I have used. But, there is still a certain amount of will-power that is involved. There are also physical things to take into account. The newest thing is the acne. As my skin purges itself of the tobacco chemicals, it is making me look like a high school kid on Retin-A. Also, if you end up with the new energy that I have, there are muscle aches and shin splints to deal with.
With that said, I am enjoying every minute of this!

In the last three days, I have had two jogs, a bike ride and two trips to the gym. I ache from head to toe, but it feels great.

My visit to the doctor's office yielded encouraging news. Blood pressure is down 20 points(now normal), Resting pulse rate is down 15 and weight is down 3 lbs.

There are many of you out there that have joined me on this journey. For all of you, I wish you good luck and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment