Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 4 - The Fear of Beer

When last I left, I was headed to a seemingly suicidal running mission. As the picture to the left shows, cigarettes and running shoes can go together. I certainly didn't break any land-speed records, but I ran anyway.

Last night I was confronted with what may be the most difficult hurdle. A "dinner party" with football and fried food. Usually that would have to be accompanied by a beer, but I had to resist. I am not ready to see if e-cigs will stand up to the alcohol test.  One more week until the Super Bowl, then we will see how it works.

Over 72 hours without tobacco and all is well!

Tomorrow I will run a check on blood pressure and pulse to see if there has been any positive change.

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously considering the e cig would you mind sharing which one you bought. Right now I am sucking on a nicorette mint. I think the habit of smoking not just the nicotine is a major problem. I would also like to gradually get off nicotine all together. Thanks for the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading. I hope this works as well for you as it has for me.

    The brand I chose is called Green Smoke and they are available at GreenSmoke.com. There are several different starter kits to choose from. I went with the Pro Kit and added the carrying case.

    Keep me updated on how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete