Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 3 - The Color of Tongues

When I last left you, I was headed to get a workout. I am very surprised at the difference already. I finished most of my sets and had a wonderful endorphin rush instead of gasping for air and praying for the sweet release of death. I never understood why someone would enjoy going to the gym. Now I get it.

The things that I have noticed the most today are the taste of food and the color of my tongue. Who knew a tongue was supposed to be pink? Food does taste a lot better now, but I will not trade a tobacco habit for an over-eating habit.

I am so pleased with the progress thus far, that I just ordered a 3 month supply of cartridges for my e-cig with a gradual nicotine step down. I hope to be nicotine-free by the end of the year, but I am certainly not in any hurry. The part of smoking that was killing me was not the nicotine, it was the 100s of other carcinogens. Nicotine just kept me coming back for more.

Tomorrow morning I will try something very different. I am going to try to run at least a half mile. If you don't see me post anything for a while, you can bet that I had a stroke on the side of the road somewhere. Wish me luck!




 MNMTWEEU4XGH

No comments:

Post a Comment