Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 2 - The Purging of Smoke

It has been over 24 hours since my last cigarette. No nicotine withdrawal and I woke up with a lot of energy this morning. According to the "Quit smoking timeline" 24 hours after your last cigarette, your risk of heart attack decreases. So, I have that going for me.

This morning my coffee definitely tasted different, not bad, just different. Breakfast had a bit more flavor than normal also. I went to my closet to get dressed for the day, and was hit by a powerful cigarette smell. Is this what I really smell like? I am going to be doing laundry all day long.

I have used Lysol or bleach on just about everything in the house. Next mission is the cars. But first, I wanted to get a workout in. One of the main side effects from my previous attempts at quitting smoking was the massive weight gain. I am determined to take preventative measures this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment